Sunday, August 19, 2018

August 19 - Travel Plans

This morning we decided that next weekend we will travel to Malaga to check out the first stage of the Vuelta de Espana.  The plan is to travel Saturday morning, watch some of the time trial Saturday afternoon, spend the night in a hotel near the beach, hit the beach on Sunday morning, and travel back Sunday night.    We now have tickets and a hotel reservation - it will be a quick trip - but we are looking forward to it. 

This afternoon, I walked for a couple of hours - Albert had been running this morning and decided to skip my late afternoon walk in 100 degree weather.  I walked along the tram line to its last stop.  The plan is to eventually build the tram all the way out to the train station on the other side of town, but for now it just runs for about a mile from the center near the Cathedral out to the University of Sevilla.
Of course the more important building at the last tram stop is the Pizza Hut.  

I worked my way home along roads that I had not been on.  There were a few parks...

a lovely bridge...
a nice firehouse...
and this sign denouncing male violence (after the wolf pack verdict this spring - this has been a prominent issue in Spain).

I also passed this language school.  Pretty sure I am going to stick to Spanish for the year, but it is good to know that I have options.  I particularly like the last one on the list - is that code for the language of happiness?  If so, I am already fluent.