Monday, June 10, 2019

June 10 - Cathedral

This morning, we met up with the Gruchot family for our rooftop tour of the cathedral.  Albert and I had done this tour before with our visitors at Christmastime, but the tour guide was different and I found it very interesting once again.  I like being able to look down on the city  from the roof of the cathedral and on the interior of the cathedral from the balconies.

It is also cool to be able to see things on the top of the cathedral.

And it is just fun to walk around on the roof.


After the rooftop tour, you can choose to visit the interior of the cathedral.  Although there are lots of cool things to see inside the cathedral (like tomb of Columbus), I have been through the interior and up in the Giralda tower many times before... so while Albert and the Gruchot family toured the cathedral, I ran to the grocery store and then headed home with the groceries and threw together some spaghetti sauce before running back to the cathedral to catch them just as they were finishing up.


After that we all walked over to the Alameda square and had a nice lunch of traditional tapas.  Then it was back home for them and off to school for me.  A new student joined today and is going to be in class for the next month - so I will never be alone in class again.


During the second half of my class, Albert and the Gruchot's went to a ceramics workshop.  They were due to finish up at around 8, so I rushed home directly after class to finish up dinner and get things ready by 8:15.


Whew!  Now, I am getting ready to do some homework and then crash into bed so that we can go to the Alcazar (the Royal Palace and Gardens) tomorrow morning.  They are all adapting well to the time change - hopefully they are able to get a good night's sleep tonight.  Maybe there will even be time tomorrow for a siesta for them while I am at school.