Friday, June 21, 2019

June 21 - First Day of Summer

Today is the first day of summer - I love summer - it is by far and away my favorite season (then spring, then fall, and sorry winter does not even make the list).  But even though today marks the first day of summer and the longest day of the year, it also marks the start of the slow decline of sunlight that will continue until the week of Christmas. 

Today also marked another round of goodbyes - this time not because other students are leaving but because in less than a week, I am.  This is the first day of my last week - with each day signaling another "goodbye" with this city that I have loved so much this year. 

I brought the leftovers from last nights picnic to class today and there was very little left by the time class was over.  

After class, I came home and dropped off my stuff before going out for an evening walk.  With beautiful weather, there were lots of people out and about.  I am trying to walk down some of my favorite streets every time I go out for a walk.

I don't really need a t-shirt, but I do like this one that I saw in a store window today.  I also like that it was paired with a pair of shorts covered in pictures of our bridge.

Tomorrow a little cleaning and shopping and some homework.