Saturday, June 8, 2019

June 8 - A New Park

This afternoon was really sunny and warm - a perfect day for a long walk. 

I headed out through the center of town - found another recycle doll.

Out past the stadium....

Beyond a number of traffic circles...

And finally to a very large park that I had never been to before - with time running out, I am trying to make sure I have visited as many corners of the city as I can... and this was a lucky find.  It is a huge, beautiful park on the east side of the city.  There were a couple of parties going on and one group set up for a small wedding...

But mostly the place was empty.  With temperatures in the 90's, it was no surprise that there was nobody on the exercise equipment, I guess.  But even the many benches in the shade were also empty.  

I had made a batch of salsa and some refried beans before I left - so once I got home, I could relax in front of the TV where the Spainish team was playing in their first game of the Women's World Cup in France.

I did about half of my homework - hopefully I can finish it up before Jo-Anne and family arrive tomorrow.