Friday, June 14, 2019

June 14 - Cordoba

This morning, the Gruchot family checked out of their apartment, and we all headed out to the train station.

We arrived in Cordoba at around 10 am, and after storing their luggage in luggage lockers, we walked to the Mosque/Cathedral.

Albert and I had been there before, but it was still beautiful and it was fun to show it to the Gruchot family.

After touring the cathedral, we walked to the nearby Roman bridge.

We then headed back for our appointed time to climb the bell tower.  There is a set of wooden steps that have to be climbed before entering the actual tower.  
I always like the views from the bell towers.
Then back down past the small chapel dome....

And everyone made it out!


Next we walked across town so that they could all have lunch.  But, as soon as we arrived at the square, I said my goodbyes, left them to eat, and headed back to the train station.

A couple of hours later, I was back in Sevilla and ready to go to class.


I stopped off on my way home to check on the progress in Plaza San Francisco for next week's holiday - Corpus Christi.

Then I stopped in Plaza Nueva to check out a small environmental protest -  "There is no future without a planet." 

The Gruchot's made it safely to Madrid and Albert made it home on his later train.  Tomorrow the Gruchot family heads back to the USA and we settle in for our final days (under two weeks - yikes) in Spain.