Sunday, June 16, 2019

June 16 - Happy Father's Day

We spent a quiet day today.  We did some laundry this morning and I baked chocolate chip cookies - the oven is still a bit of a mystery, but with a little experience now, I am able to at least succeed with a basic cookie recipe pretty much every time.

This afternoon, I walked along the river and checked out a couple of parks - I am trying to put together a picnic for one evening before we go - not sure if it is going to come together or not - things are much harder without a car.

I checked out a park that is nice and pretty close to here, but no tables or bathrooms....

then walked a couple of miles...

to a park with much better facilities but that is much further away.

I also looked around at things to do in the city for our last couple of weeks - not sure how scheduled we want to be...so I didn't actually buy any tickets for concerts or activities for next weekend.  Of course I have school up until the last day, so I will have plenty to do, just want to make sure we make the most of these last two weeks!