Saturday, June 22, 2019

June 22 - Another round of Corpus Christi?

Even though the city of Sevilla celebrated Corpus Christi on Thursday and Triana is a neighborhood in Sevilla, Triana will be having their own Corpus Christi procession and celebration tomorrow.  Many Triana residents do not think of themselves as Sevillanos so they often have separate celebrations.  Also, most of Spain (all but three cities) had a normal day on Thursday and celebrate Corpus Christi tomorrow.  With all that said, we will miss it.  We have a bike excursion planned for tomorrow - we leave with a guide in his car with bikes in the morning, ride down to a trail, ride bikes for some hours, and come back in the car arriving in the evening. 

Luckily preparations started today, so when I went out for my walk, I saw some guys starting to build an alter a couple of blocks from our house.  On my way back they were still building and according to Albert, it wasn't finished when he went out for his walk hours later.  So.... unless we get our early in the morning and go check it out - this might be all we see of the Triana Corpus Christi.

I walked along the river for a short time today.

And visited my favorite square.

But mostly, I stayed in and cleaned.  We have the bike trip tomorrow, I have class and we have dinner with the landlords Monday, I have class and intercambio Tuesday,.... I figured we needed to do some cleaning or the end of the week was going to sneak up on us and we would be running around like chickens on Thursday.