Tuesday, June 4, 2019

June 4 - The Legend

Lots of homework this morning... but no trip to the store and no morning walk.  So, after class, I tried to walk for a while before intercambio.  I happened upon a show just starting in front of the large waffle like structure.  The performer (The Great Dimitri) is basically a clown - his act involves lots of physical humor, a little magic, and lots of playing off the crowd.  He is scheduled to give some workshops for people interested in Circus performance later in the month - but today was just a performance of his new show - "The Legend (born to fail)".  I caught a glimpse of him getting ready behind his bus.  There was a pretty big crowd both around his "stage" area and along the staircase leading up to the waffle. Sadly, I could only understand about half of what he was saying - so after a few minutes, I moved on.

Next stop intercambio.  Then a not quite direct walk home (as I enjoyed the warm evening and finished up my walking for the day).  Another new ice cream shop.  Perfect timing with the very warm temperatures this week.

All of the traffic lights for the corner at the base of the bridge were dark when I got there, I debated heading down to the next bridge - but I had been walking for a long time already by then and just wanted to get home, so I joined some of the other pedestrians in a "frogger"-like crossing of the large road.  All of the other streetlights were on - just no traffic signals, I am not sure why.  Luckily it was late and there was not too much traffic.