Wednesday, June 26, 2019

June 26 - Making a List and Checking it Twice

With only a couple of days left, Albert and I have been checking things off the list of things to do before we leave - and not the fun list like "travel to Barcelona" but the boring list like "clean the oven".

I am also checking off things on the list of foods left in the kitchen.  This morning, I finished off the chocolate, the vanilla extract, and the corn syrup by making fudge and caramel corn.  This evening, I made the dough for snickerdoodles that will chill overnight.  When I bake them tomorrow - that will be my last cooking here in Spain.  We still have things to make sandwiches, yogurt parfaits, fruit, crackers, and eggs.  That should get us through two meals tomorrow and breakfast on Friday - so one restaurant tomorrow .... no more grocery shopping.

Today, I met a friend who is taking a break from classes.  I am trying to catch up with as many people as I can in the city before I leave.  We met for a light taco lunch.

In class today, I said goodbye to a student who I only see on Mondays and Wednesdays and to another whose last day was today.  Good grief - enough with the goodbyes already.   Tonight, lots of kitchen cleaning and I checked in for our Friday morning flights.

Tomorrow a full day of cleaning and a little more packing - we are almost packed.  Then my last class.