Tuesday, June 25, 2019

June 25 - Last Day of Intercambio

Today in class, during the break - I showed my "slide show" video of photos of students and teachers from school, school functions, and intercambio to the teachers.  It was just under 10 minutes long with a few slides at the end with a message of thanks from me to them.  Turns out I didn't make any grammatical errors (YAY!!!!).  Lots of laughing and remembering and a few tears.  As soon as it ended, they watched it again - more laughing and remembering and more tears. 

After class, I stopped off at the store and then made my way over to my last intercambio.  I brought snacks (peanut butter bars with chocolate topping - using up that peanut butter, the rest of the chocolate chip cookies from yesterday, and the last of the margaritas) - nothing left but crumbs.

I showed the video to my regular partner and the teachers since they appear a number of times in the video - more laughing and remembering and more tears - good grief.  There are a number of people that I only see on Tuesday nights at intercambio so tonight was really goodbye for them.   

There are lots of things I miss about the US, but I will really miss some of the friends I have made here - if tonight is any indication, Thursday night is going to be very difficult.