Friday, July 13, 2018

July 13 - A day of firsts and lasts

This morning, I went online and registered us for a year in the Sevilla bikeshare - Sevici.  This evening, we took our first ride.  We enjoyed it and I think we will be using them a lot over the next year.

A large part of each day centers around food; shopping/planning, cooking, eating, and cleaning up.  Today was no different.  Since I am gone for school from 3:30-8:00 every day, we have been having our big meal at "lunch" time.  Today was Greek food.


Classes for my language school can be purchased in week-long increments that always start on Mondays and end on Fridays.  5 of the 6 six students in my current class will be returning on Monday - presumably with some new additions.  The one student who finished his studies today will be returning home to the south of France on Sunday.  He was the most advanced student in our class and I am sad to see him go.

During our break between the two 90 minute sessions, another student (Nik) was telling a harrowing story of locking himself out of his apartment unit but without the key being unable to leave the lobby of his building last night.  He had pictures on his phone of the "hook" he managed to build by tying (with a trash bag) a broom handle to a plant stake that he found in the foyer closet to wrangle his keys from his desk through an open window McGyver style -which, according to the story, took nearly two hours.  I have no idea about the actual facts regarding the tale - but it was hilarious.  He leaves after next week to return to running a bar in London.

Tonight, on our way home from our first bike ride, we stopped for gelato.  I didn't have any of my own, but Albert shared.  Mmmmm.