Monday, July 30, 2018

July 30 - Mellow Monday

This morning, I hung out and finished another book.  It is so nice to have the kindle and access to the library online.  In Hungary, it was a major project to get to the English bookstore and find enough reading material to make it to the next trip.  Now, I can browse the library and check out books from our living room. 

We made a small grocery store run and I worked on a little Spanish before class. 

Being Monday, I was curious to see if any new students would join our class.  But, for the first time since I started - no new students.  In fact, with the two Russian students visiting family in Moscow and the Italian student dropping out now that her English class has started, we are down to four.  And, one student only came for the second half of class today because he had another commitment.  If you do the math, you will notice that we only had three students for the first 90 minutes of class.  We did a full 90 minutes of discussion.  With our limited vocabulary (thank goodness for google translate as we scrambled to find missing words) and the almost constant mini-corrections by our teacher, the discussion was pretty superficial - but we made it.  Back to grammar for the second half of class.   With August being the slow month in Sevilla - it will be interesting to see if we get any new students in the next few weeks.

I walked a little out of my way on my trip home to enjoy the city a little and get in a few steps.  I like this rubber duckie store, but it is always empty when I walk by- I am not sure how it stays in business.

I am happy to report that Albert's ballot arrived today - he filled it right out and mailed it.  Only primaries this round..hopefully everything is in place to get our ballots for November.

After dinner, I went on a longer walk along a road I had not traveled before.  Lots of interesting looking restaurants.  I think there is a park along the road further down, but I wanted to try to get back by 11 (whew - made it by 10:59) so I turned around before I got to the park.  I may try to investigate during the day later this week.

Tomorrow - intercambio.