Tuesday, July 17, 2018

July 17 - HOURS of Spanish

With no baseball and no new stage of the Tour de France to watch this morning, I was able to do a little AM Spanish review. 

Then it was off to complete the morning errands.  First, to the copy store where we got copies of all of the documents for our meeting on Thursday.  Yahoo, I think we are ready.  At only 0.80 Euros, this was certainly the cheapest of all of our "steps to residency".  Thanks Andalus Copi!
Next a little shopping and then home.  Then about 2 half hours of Spanish studying and off to school.  Then class (with a quick trip to the market during the break to pick up basil) and then to Intercambio for a couple of hours of language exchange - a few familar faces from last week and a few new ones.  It is a good place to practice speaking.  But, by the time I left, I was glad for the walk home - I didn't even put in my headphones with the Spanish music tonight.  I did see some fun things.

I like this painted door on an industrial supply store on my way home.  Not sure what Rome has to do with anything, it is a Spanish company - headquartered in Sevilla - serving customers in the Sevilla region...but it is fun.
I always enjoy listening to this guy play the accordion as I cross the bridge.  It cracks me up a little how much it reminds me of the music that plays in Busch Gardens.  I also like the plastic shopping bag that reminds you to recycle - very old world.
And tonight, at the base of the bridge, next to the Castillo de San Jorge, a group of young men practicing their rapping and dance moves from the video game Fortnite.  Maybe if I really wanted to be able to communicate better, I should skip the Spanish practice and work on my Floss.