Tuesday, July 24, 2018

July 24 - Lots of Spanish and a Little Pop Music

Today was a pretty quiet day.  A quick trip to the market this morning with a pitstop to check out the post office, a little homework midday, and then a lot of Spanish to finish up the day.

On my way between class and intercambio, a police officer pulled up to a rather busy pedestrian intersection, parked his car, got out, and stood watching while having a cigarette.  I am not sure if he was actually watching for something or just needed a place for a smoke break...

There were fewer students tonight at the intercambio, which meant I spent the entire time working one on one with another student.  He is studying English and only spoke English and I only spoke Spanish.  There are not many times in my life that I am involved in a two hour one on one discussion where I barely keep up my end of the conversation - but to be fair, his English is much better than my Spanish.  

By the time I left at 10pm, I had been in class and intercambio for nearly 6 hours, and I was ready for dinner.  The walk home was beautiful as always.
As soon as I got home, Albert and I headed right back out to check out the evening entertainment at the Triana fair.  Tonight.... pop music and a lively crowd.  
Finally, a quick dinner.