Thursday, March 14, 2019

March 14 - Pi Day

It is March 14 (3.14), for people in the US who write their dates Month-Day, this date represents the first three digits of pi... for people in Spain who write their dates Day-Year, there is no date that represents the first three digits of pi.  Thus explaining to my teacher why one might bake a pie (that is tarta in Spanish) today to celebrate pi day involved layers of unwinding. 

It is also Albert Einstein's birthday, maybe I should have just stuck with that.

After class today, I walked along near the Cathedral and enjoyed a couple of very talented musicians playing for coins and then walked through one of my favorite plazas before heading home. 

This evening, I did a little work and then checked in for our flights on Saturday.  I always forget that I can check in more than 24 hours in advance here.  We are going to Tenerife (on the Canary Islands, off the coast of Africa in the Atlantic ocean) for the weekend.