Sunday, March 24, 2019

March 24 - LOTS of Spanish and a little sunshine

On Friday, my class covered a lot of material - so, that meant that this weekend, I had A LOT of homework.  With our trip to Italica yesterday, I did some, but not too much.  So, today was it.

I did a few hours this morning before lunch.  Then, after lunch, I did a little more - but not too much before I decided I needed to get out and get some fresh air.  They had been predicting rain today, but it never materialized and it turned out to be a very sunny and warm day.

Albert and I headed over to the cathedral area to see if the car show was still going on, but the tents and cars were already cleared out.  Next we headed over to a bike expo - there were some booths and some kids activities.  Nothing exciting really, a destination for our walk more than anything else.

Next we headed back through a park that has just reopened - it has been closed since we got here.  The fountain was running, but the thing I liked best was this gigantic tree.

We wandered through the Santa Cruz neighborhood and found this sign "Old Corner of The Kiss".  There is a legend that this corner was named because it is on a very narrow street where lovers - each standing on their own balcony - could kiss across the street.  At the street level, at its most narrow point this street is about 43 inches wide.

After our walk, I headed back to do some more Spanish.  Mario came by to return two chairs and take the last one.  

I took another short walk this evening to pick up a couple of things at the express market that is open on Sunday.  Then back in for a little more Spanish.