Friday, March 15, 2019

March 15 - Beware the Ides of March

Today's class was absolute chaos.  We had 8 students who varied from today being their first day of class this week (2) to me who has been there every day and everywhere in between.  The poor teacher must have been absolutely exhausted at the end of the three and a half hours.   I know I was.

I even went for a walk during the break just to get out for a while.

After class, I stopped to check out one of the plazas near school.  It is a huge plaza that is now half full of bleacher parts, stair parts, .... - I guess it is the main staging area for all of the seating that needs to be set up for Holy Week.  In addition to the seating in the area around the cathedral, people line the streets for hours every afternoon, evening, and into the night.  It is the reason that we are staying to see a few days of the processions and then heading out to Budapest for the long weekend.

The stores were bustling with people getting their outfits for fair  - it is still nearly two months away, but I guess there are a lot of details...  I am not sure exactly what happens during the fair other than eating, drinking, and dancing for a week.  I guess we will see.

There was a band playing to a rowdy crowd at the bar just on the Sevilla side of our bridge.  I am not sure why the lead singer was wearing a box decorated to look like a car- but everyone seemed happy....