Tuesday, March 19, 2019

March 19 - Back to the Patio

This morning after finishing my homework, I decided to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies for intercambio.  My oven does not keep a constant temperature and I have to use an upside down foil covered glass baking dish as a cookie sheet, but with small batches and carefully watched cooking, in only 3 hours, I managed to do what I could in about one hour at home - but it worked.

My class was good - but we spent nearly the last hour with me answering questions about the United States - luckily the questions were pretty easy (and non-controversial).  One student was mostly interested in what it would take to visit Area 51 in Nevada. 

After class, I walked a little and stopped off to buy a couple of things at the market before heading over to intercambio.  I had shared a few cookies with my class and the professors and brought the rest with me to intercambio.  Due to the great weather, this week we moved back out to the patio (we had been inside since winter) - it was a pretty large and lively group.  They finished off the cookies.

At around 10, I headed out toward home.  On the bridge, I passed another group of men, castarelos,  out preparing for Semana Santa - carrying a weighted frame that mimics the paso that they will be carrying for hours during their procession.  

After a quick dinner, I am heading off to bed.  Lots of homework tomorrow morning!