Wednesday, March 20, 2019

March 20 - Almost Spring

Today's class was lively.  We have had some strong personalities in class the last couple of weeks (not every day, but lots of days).  It is always fun, but it sometimes feels like we aren't getting very far.  Luckily for me, I spend time at home every day working on the theory and grammar and benefit greatly from the lengthy free form conversations that have become part of our normal class.

After class, I spent a couple of hours walking around the city.  I hadn't really been out before class and needed some exercise.  Although the entire winter has been mild, there are very tangible signs that it is almost spring (only minutes away) - there is a much wider variety of fruit in the markets - berries and melons are pomegranate are back - and flowers (in trees, gardens and patios) are all starting to really bloom.

Of course, some things don't change at all like the fact that there is a never ending stream of road/sidewalk projects.  Today a new hole and fence showed up at one of the large corners where I normally cross on my way to class.