Tuesday, March 5, 2019

March 5 - Ready to Drop

After a pretty tranquil morning, I headed out to school.  I was pretty sure that my class was going to be small but I was not totally prepared to be the only student in class.  For just over 3 hours, I had a rather intense private class.

Needing a short break between class and intercambio, I took a walk around the city.  I have begun to realize what an expensive proposition it is for women to dress for the fair.  The dress of course is the most expensive part costing hundreds of dollars, but then there are shoes, earrings, hair combs, shawls, fans, ..... Although the style of dress changes each year some of the other items can be shared or reused - thank goodness. 

Maybe I could get a "flamenco dress" apron instead.  Since I don't know how to dance the Sevillano anyway, I don't really have a use for the proper costume - and I do like to cook.


After my short walk, I headed over to intercambio.  From 8-10, I had the standard conversations with my partner.  Then at 10 (when I would normally leave), the teacher introduced me to a couple of her local friends who had stopped by the intercambio - we ended up chatting for another hour.  It was great Spanish practice, but now I am ready to eat a very fast dinner and crash into bed.  Homework will have to wait for tomorrow!