Thursday, March 28, 2019

March 28 - Preparatory Walk to the Train Station

Today after class, I timed a walk to the train station.  Tomorrow evening, we fly to Barcelona and I don't want to miss any more class than I have to... so my plan is to leave during the break, walk quickly to the train station that is just over a mile from school, catch the airport bus at the train station stop, and head out.  If all goes well, Albert will already be on the bus (having caught it at the origin point near our house).  I made it in plenty of time - so even if traffic is a little worse tomorrow, I should be able to make it.

Of course, then I needed to walk the couple of miles back home... But that part of the walk was much more leisurely. 

I stopped in to check on the work in the plaza near my school.  The bleachers are coming along and they have started to put up the "walls" so people will not be able to climb under the bleachers.
I know that the processions will be beautiful during Holy Week, but some of the most popular plazas downtown are not very impressive right now with the preparations.

The work near our bridge appears to be a traffic pattern change for the bike route on the southeast side of the bridge - they poured the concrete today.

Albert and I hadn't gone out for gelato since January.  So when I got home from my long walk, we headed out tonight.  I intended to snap a photo of mine, but I had licked the bowl clean before I remembered to take out my camera.
Tomorrow, some Spanish, a little packing, class and then off to northern Spain, our first trip north of Madrid.  Sadly, it is colder there - with temperatures only in the sixties.  YIKES!