Monday, March 25, 2019

March 25 - My Sharona

If you have never heard the song My Sharona (The Knack 1979), you are not missing much.  If you have heard it, you might realize how easily you can substitute the word Bar-celona for My Sharona... and if you do, you will know exactly what runs through my head every time I hear the city name Barcelona.  This morning, as I made all of our final travel arrangements for our trip this weekend to Barcelona, I had the soundtrack running through my head... I am sad to say, it continues.

Two new students entered our class today - both coming from other classes.  They are both nice and relatively serious about learning Spanish and both are planning to be here for a long time - YAY!  Lots of students come to classes for a couple of weeks (on vacation) but some are more long term (months or even years).  We are finally to the point in the year where I am starting to see a significant number of students who will still be here after I am gone.  The year is flying by.

After class, I went for a walk.  There are lots of Easter dresses and suits as well as fair dresses and suits in the store windows.  And of course, there are lots of T-shirts in the tourist shops.  But, today, I found a fun jacket that I had not seen anywhere else...yes those are bananas.

It is starting to be so warm during the afternoon that people are moving their exercise times to the evenings again.  Lots of boats were out on the water (with people doing rowing practice) as I was heading to the store at around 9pm.

At the store, a small display of Easter candy came out this week.  I don't particularly like the idea of the chocolate soccer balls, I mean you miss all the fun of chomping off the ears.

They painted new bike lines today.  They are bright and make the bike path obvious.... except to that one guy who walked in the paint and left footprints in the newly painted path.