Saturday, April 13, 2019

April 13 - Beautiful Day in Sevilla

This afternoon, the processions are all pretty far from Triana.  So, I decided to skip the crowds and just run a couple of errands.

This morning, Albert and I went grocery shopping and then looked around for some gyms close to our house - the idea is to actually go in and investigate on Monday.  

Then, this afternoon, I headed downtown to exchange some money for Hungarian Forints so that we will have a little cash since we get in a little late Wednesday night and it will make bus tickets and small purchases easier without having to find an ATM right away.  Hadn't laid eyes on a Forint note since we left Budapest almost 16 years ago.

For the rest of my walk, I just enjoyed the normal things happening in the city.

The street artists...

The lottery ticket sellers on all the big corners... and some of the small corners.

The roving bachelorette  parties.
And the tourist buses and boats.


This evening, the big cross town rivalry professional soccer match "Sevilla vs Betis" was scheduled for 8:45; so I made sure to make it home in time to try to find it on TV.  Sadly, it wasn't showing on any station that we have - there was radio coverage, but I didn't invest two hours listening to a soccer game on the radio,.. I mean I would have watched, but I am not THAT invested.  Sevilla ended up winning 3-2.

Tomorrow is Palm Sunday - the official start of Holy Week.  There is a local channel that has live video of all of the processions.... probably won't watch much of that, but there are two of the nine processions tomorrow that have been pointed out (either by our landlord or someone at school) as being especially interesting, and I plan to try to see one or both of them live.  

The weather today was pretty much perfect - almost 80 degrees, sunny, and a very light breeze, tomorrow is supposed to be a little warmer but otherwise the same. Hopefully it holds out for a least a few more days.