Thursday, April 25, 2019

April 25 - Marge is Here

This morning, Albert and I did a quick trip to the store.  Then, while I made soup and finished my homework, Albert headed out to the airport to collect Marge who will be visiting with us until next Wednesday.  Neither of us had seen her in a long time, so I was crossing my fingers that they would recognize each other at the airport.  Luckily they were able to connect and they headed home on the bus.

We ate lunch and visited for a little while before it was time for me to head out to school.  Marge had been traveling since the wee hours of the morning, so for her it was time for a short rest.

With the rain gone - it was time to break out the new shoes....Not exactly stealth, but no holes!
Albert walked Marge up to the school to meet me after class and after a short break to watch a part of a procession, we headed over to the Alameda.

We had a nice time catching up over tapas.  While we were out, we saw a number of post-Easter activities as brotherhoods all over the city take apart their pasos, put some parts back into their regular display places in churches and store the rest.  We ducked in to the doorway of one church to see the partially dismantled pasos.

On the way home, I realized that the small construction project on the street is the city crew moving the newly installed water fountain (it had been in place for a few months) from one side of the street to the other.  I am not sure why, but we are speculating that it was in some prime table spots for a cafe who wanted it moved - now it is in front of a lottery ticket window - no need for tables and chair there.  So, until the businesses change again, maybe it will stay put.  

Once home, I was able to spend some time looking at Marge's great pictures from her cruise and visit to Budapest.  Tomorrow, she starts class - so we tried to spend a lot of time today speaking Spanish to brush off the dust.  Hopefully she is able to get a good night's rest.