Tuesday, April 2, 2019

April 2 - Intercambio Games

The last batch of chili powder that I made is a little too spicy.  A couple of weeks ago, I used it on some chicken and it was so hot I couldn't eat it.  I thought I had just used too much.  So, this morning, I made chili and used very little - it is still too hot, but I can eat it if I add sour cream or cheese.  Now,  I need to decide if I am going to try to adjust the chili powder or just throw it out (ugh) and make a whole new batch. 

I also made chocolate crackle cookies for class and intercambio.  They turned out pretty good.  They disappeared quickly.

 Every once in a while, we play a game in intercambio to encourage everyone to talk.  Today, we played the game where every person had a famous person's name on a post-it note on their forehead and they had to ask questions (in the language that they are learning) to figure out who they were.  We had a large group that was pretty evenly divided between English learners and Spanish learners.  Two friends of one of the teachers were there tonight and the four of them had their own game. 

After intercambio, I enjoyed the warm walk home.  It was a little cool and overcast this morning when we hung the laundry, but by this afternoon it was sunny and warm.  By tonight, it was still warm but even with the time change, there was no sun left at 10:30.