Saturday, April 6, 2019

April 6 - Last W Club From Spain

This morning Albert and I did a pretty big grocery run - first to Triana Market to pick up jalepenos and then to the regular market for everything else.  With the cool weather this weekend, it is a perfect time to do a little extra cooking.

Next, I did my homework for Monday.  I have a number of things I want to study tomorrow and Monday, so I was happy to get the assigned work done today.  Then to the kitchen for some homemade flatbread and Greek chicken.

After lunch, Albert and I headed over to the contemporary art museum to see the new exhibits.  It started to rain on our way over but didn't start really pouring until we were inside.  Perfect timing!

There were four exhibits: one painter, one architect, one sculptor, and videos and photos of one couple who do performance art.  Some of the pieces were more interesting to me than others, but on the whole it was a thought-provoking collection.

The rain stopped and the sun even came out for our walk home - sometimes you just get lucky.

Tonight, I called in for my last W-Club board meeting of the year.  When I called in to the first one in September, we had only been here a couple of months - now we just have a couple of months left.  Time just keeps zipping by.

It was good to be tucked in to the flat (even if it was because of a multi-hour meeting) - outside the rain came back with a vengeance along with thunder and even some hail.  Good grief.