Thursday, April 4, 2019

April 4 - No Mariners

One of the difficulties of the difference in time zones between Sevilla and the US is the inconvenience of live sport schedules.  Albert and I both enjoy sports, but neither of us is interested in watching the Mariners baseball team play at 4am.  So, we were both excited to see that they would be playing a day game today in Chicago which meant an 8:30 pm game for us. 

This morning, I spent a long time on homework and I was particularly happy to have very little assigned for tonight - I was going to be able to watch baseball without even thinking about homework.

I left school at 7:30 - the sun was still out but the wind had come and it was not hard to imagine the cooler weather that has been forecast for the next few days.
I made a quick stop to check on bleacher progress for Holy Week and enjoyed the band gathering in a plaza preparing for a performance.  But, I didn't stick around - wanted to be home by 8:30!
About halfway home, I got the sad message from Albert that the game was postponed until tomorrow because of Chicago weather.  RATS.  Well at least I don't have much homework - so I will get some reading in and get in bed early...and start the countdown to 8:30 tomorrow night.