Sunday, April 28, 2019

April 28 - Election Day

I was a little slow getting started today, choosing to finish my book rather than get moving early. 

But, I figured that if we were going to eat today, I was going to need to do something about it.  So, I planned for a trip to the small "express" grocery store about half a mile from our house.  There is not much open on Sunday and with our full day on Saturday, no shopping happened.  So, while Marge got caught up on Game of Thrones so she can watch the new one with Albert tomorrow morning, I headed out.

I don't like shopping at this store because it is very small (not much selection) and on Sundays it is VERY crowded because not much is open.  But, with some hunting around and then waiting in a long line, I was able to get enough to make chicken pitas for lunch.

Then it was off for our visit to the cathedral.  It was a beautiful day (high 80's and sunny) for our walk to the cathedral.  It is fun to have visited the cathedral enough times that I am starting to know my way around. 
As is always the case, the never ending restoration was visible in a couple of places.
Marge put her photo workshop to good use again.

After heading home, I did my homework.  Then we headed out to dinner.  A good chance for Marge to try Vino de Verano (she thought it was ok, but wasn't a big fan).

Then home to watch some post election coverage.  I can read the graphics of course, but the newscaster's coverage was just a blur of words.  So I gave up after about 15 minutes.  I guess I will have to look at the written news tomorrow for the final counts.