Friday, January 11, 2019

January 11 - TGIF

This morning, I did a LOT of Spanish.  Language learning for me is a bit chaotic in nature.  Every time I start to feel like I am getting better, a whole new area opens up that I know nothing about and I feel like I am back to being a very beginner.  It is both overwhelming and fantastic.

On the way to school this afternoon, there was a HUGE traffic jam.  I am not sure what happened, but there was a line of cars as far as the eye could see, and it didn't move the whole time I walked along beside it.  On days like this, I am happy to be car-free.

Class was good, but intense.  I will need to do another big chunk of work to be ready for class on Monday.

After class, I walked around a bit.  Class gets out at 7:30, and we had a dinner reservation for 8:30 (the restaurant doesn't open until 8:30).  So, I used the time to get in a few steps... and enjoy the city.
We had a nice dinner with one of Albert's old classmates.  It was a great chance to unwind and start the weekend.  I may read a little Spanish Beverly Cleary tonight - but no studying.  As I was walking and we were eating, Rachel was making her way from Malaga to Sevilla via train.

She made it back to the flat at around 11:30.  She enjoyed her conference but is exhausted.  We will spend a little time this weekend hitting the last couple of places that she wants to see before she and Albert head out early Monday morning for Miami.