Monday, January 28, 2019

January 28 - Advertising on the Tower

This morning, I did another big push of Spanish.  By the time I left for class, I felt like I was at least back to where I was before I left.  There are basically three groups of students in my classes right now - there are a few students who only attend Monday-Thursday, a couple who only attend Friday, and then one other student and I who attend every day.  The teacher is trying to push through the full week of material from Monday-Thursday and then use Friday as a day to recap so that all of the groups are served well.  Of course there are always students coming and going - so I don't know how long it will last, but I appreciate that the professor is trying.

Since we didn't go to the store this morning and I didn't really walk at all before walking to class, I took a long way home.  On one street I saw a brother and sister "racing" on skates.  The boy bent over at one point and claimed injury, when the sister stopped to check on him he took off and left her - both were laughing hysterically by the time she caught up. 

In front of the cathedral there were two young women playing violin duets - ah memories.  

When I got to the river, I noticed that there was an advertisement being projected onto the Golden Tower.  I guess the Spanish version of the Oscars (GOYA) are being presented in Sevilla this weekend.

It was getting late, so I stopped off for a couple of things at the grocery store and headed home.  After dinner, I went out for another short walk and to snap a couple of night bridge photos.
Tomorrow - back to intercambio.