Wednesday, January 2, 2019

January 2 - Back to School

The day started early with Emily needing to be on her way before 7, Albert went with her to the airport on the Airport Bus.  After saying our goodbyes, I went to get my camera hoping to snap a shot of her on the street as she left, but I was too slow...only a sad quiet street.
From door to door, with the airport bus, flights, layovers, and airport bus on the other end...her whole trip will take nearly 24 hours.  I am pretty sure that somewhere in the back of her mind she must be asking herself if it was worth the visit.... but I am really thankful that she came.  And hopefully she will be able to get some good rest and quality time with Benjamin the bunny as soon as she gets home.


I went back to class this morning.  It has been 12 days since I was in class, and it took a little work to get back into the swing of things.  My teacher this week is Carmen who I have had before and really like.  There are not many students at the school this week since it is still "Christmas" season until after December 6th (Three King's Day) and really until after Monday the 7th since the national holiday was bumped to Monday.  Next Tuesday they will shuffle the classes again when everyone returns.

While I was in school, Rachel headed out to the airport for her short flight.  So, it was back to the normal market right after school and then quiet afternoon at home.  On my way from school to the market, I saw a really good group of musicians playing near the cathedral.  I stopped to watch for a couple of minutes - but then hustled on to meet Albert.

Before dinner, I went out for a short walk.  It had been really cold this morning, and I was happy to have a slightly warmer walk this evening.  I have been really spoiled.  I do NOT miss winter weather.
The Christmas lights are still on and many homes and churches have their "God is Born" signs out now that it is after Christmas Day.
I stayed pretty close to home, just a short walk over the bridge, down to the Gold Tower, back over the next bridge and home.

I did stop off to check out a window display.  This store had a mock-up of the big procession a couple of months ago and I wanted to see what they had now.  They didn't disappoint - they have a preview of the big Three Kings Parade crossing the bridge.  I know a picture cannot do it justice, but here it is anyway.  I do wish I had remembered to check the window out before Christmas, I am always impressed with their displays.

Now a few days of routine before the last long weekend of the season.  Sadly, with my old teacher leaving and the holidays, there is no cultural activity tomorrow.  Of course, it won't hurt to spend some extra time studying.