Tuesday, January 15, 2019

January 15 - Investiture

After the elections in southern Spain this fall, there was no one party that held a majority - so in order to choose a president for Andalucia, there had to be agreements between some of the smaller parties (investitures) to come up with a single candidate.  I am not exactly sure what happens next, but the investiture of a candidate happened today.   One of the local television programs will be airing live from Sevilla tomorrow with interviews of people around this event.

They were setting up the stage near the river on my way to school...
And it was all set up and ready to go by the time I came home from intercambio tonight...

For possibly the first time, I used the bathrooms at the hostel where the intercambio is held.  There is a sign painted on one wall in reverse that shows up in the mirror opposite in forward letters.  It is a very interesting illusion - "Things are not always as they seem."
The Wall
The Mirror
Today was pretty much Spanish from beginning to end... reading, studying, watching a movie, class, intercambio, more studying.  My blog is my English break.  My plan is to go on the walking tour tomorrow before class, but I am not sure since I also need to go to the grocery store.  I guess we will see how much energy I have... and how cold it is.