Wednesday, January 30, 2019

January 30 - Rainy Wednesday

This morning, we made a regular grocery store run.  Tomorrow, I will actually need to cook again.  It has been nice to have a break, but I am ready to get back in the kitchen for more than heating up leftovers.

On the way to school today, it started to sprinkle a little.  By the time I got out of class the streets were wet.  It was back to only sprinkling, but the restaurants had been cleared out by the earlier rain.  Even the restaurants with umbrellas and heaters were empty.  And the gelato shop that had long lines only a few days ago was completely empty.  Of course, even with a cloudy sky - the well lit cathedral was beautiful.

As I reached the bridge, I noticed that in addition to the advertisement on the Golden Tower, there were movie posters being projected across the river onto the river wall.  I was impressed with the detail and precision of the projection, and when we went to take out the trash, Albert and I walked over and took a closer look.  Except for the one piece of graffiti showing through, it is a very cool display.

Tomorrow - finally, I will try to return to the weekly cultural event.  I haven't been since before Christmas.