Saturday, January 19, 2019

January 19 - Back in the USA

This week, Albert's mom died.  Luckily, he was in the US for a conference and was able to get there quickly to support his sisters but sadly not in time to visit with his mom.  The girls and I decided to make the trip to Deleware to be with the family and attend the funeral functions.

Yesterday was a blur of planning, cleaning, and packing.  It was also Tae's last day of class - so we had a few treats and said some sad goodbyes before I rushed home to do a last load of laundry, clean out the refrigerator, take out the trash and finish packing.  It started raining (our first rain in weeks) just in time for my trash run.

My late night of preparation was followed by an early morning trek to the bus station to catch the airport bus.  Then three flights (Sevilla, Madrid, JFK, Philadelphia).  Then a rental car from Philadelphia to Deleware.  Then a quick visit with the family.  And now, only 25 short hours after waking up, I am writing this blog and preparing for sleep. 

Albert and his siblings have mostly taken care of all of the funeral related events, but there are still lots of details to attend to tomorrow.  I should probably get some sleep so that I can be more use than useless.  The girls come in late tomorrow night.

I will head back to Sevilla on Wednesday and Thursday in a reverse (and sadly longer) version of today's travel.