Wednesday, January 16, 2019

January 16 - All Quiet

Today was a quiet day around the house.  I did a lot of studying and reading this morning before heading out to the store.  On my way there, I stopped to watch some guys collecting oranges from one of the thousands of orange trees in the city.

A hard day in class, the topics are getting more technical and more subtle.  Luckily, everyone was at about the same level - so we got a lot of homework and we will continue to practice tomorrow.

On my way home from school, I stopped for a short time to check out the TV set that is set up just on the other side of the river.  There is a lot of "big" equipment (cameras, lights, etc.) but clearly they were just doing checks while I watched.  I came home and checked out the schedule, it looks like the show aired at 10:30 tonight, but I didn't go back out to watch.  
After school, I made a small lasagna today (even though it is small, there will be leftovers for a few days). 

Tonight, a little more Spanish and into bed.  I decided to skip the tour today - I have been on all of the "versions" of the tour and it is hard to get motivated to go to school two and a half hours early for a repeat tour, but I am definitely going on the cultural activity tomorrow.  I talked to the teacher today - she is very nice.