Saturday, January 26, 2019

January 26 - Spring is in the Air

This morning, after a little cleaning, I worked for a few hours on Spanish.  I am constantly amazed (not really surprised, just amazed) at how complicated and beautiful languages are. 

After lunch, I realized that it had really gotten beautiful outside - and I had spent way too much time at the desk inside.  So I headed out for a walk.  With beautiful sunshine and temperatures in the low seventies, it is hard to remember that it is still January.  There were lots of people out enjoying the city - without all of the Christmas decorations, there is room along the streets for the artists again.  I am glad to have them back.

There were also long lines at the gelato shops downtown.

I decided to revisit a park on our side of the bridge that I haven't visited in a long time.  It was a hopping place - lots of dogs and families and everything is green.

After the park, I headed over to the grocery store.  The refrigerator was basically empty and the stores are closed tomorrow - and Albert comes home tomorrow.  So, I loaded up!  I spent the next few hours cooking.  No more empty refrigerator.

After cleaning up and taking out the trash.  I was ready to sit down and do a little more Spanish. 

Albert just boarded his plane in New York and is scheduled to be here in about 10 hours.  My guess is that he will be exhausted tomorrow - so probably just a quiet day around the house - but who knows.