Tuesday, January 8, 2019

January 8 - Post Christmas Clean-Up

Christmas is now squarely behind us and with my class now happening in the afternoon, I had some time this morning to clean up the small shelf of Christmas decorations (stockings, lights, cards, ...).  We also moved Albert's work area back to the less drafty guest room.  The only sign of the holidays that remains is the bowl of candy....
My class this afternoon was more advanced than my morning class had been, but it was a good change.  I will need to work really hard between classes, but I think I can keep up - if it gets to be too much, I will just move again.  The class has four students, two that I had met before and one who I didn't know who is from Seattle.  We chatted a little during the break and realized that she graduated from Whitman in 2001 - talk about a small world!

After class, I walked directly to Intercambio with a student from another class.  It doesn't start until 8:00 pm - so we were the first ones there.  Eventually 15 or so students came and I stayed until a little after 10.  
I am hoping to get a good night's sleep since I have some homework to do for tomorrow afternoon.