Thursday, January 3, 2019

January 3 - Almost Back to Normal

While we haven't quite gotten through the Christmas season here, today was about as normal as we have had in a long time. 

This afternoon, after school, I made a pan of caramels.  Then after our trip to the store later in the afternoon, I used the caramels to make turtles.  After taste testing, I think I prefer my turtles with milk chocolate, but they are still pretty good.


Then, I made some goulash and gnocchi for dinner. 


This evening, we went for a short walk over to the artists' fair.  I have tried to go a couple of other times, but it closes in the afternoon for a few hours each day, and I have not made it.  Since it closes for good on Saturday and the weather was nice, today was the day.  We didn't buy anything, but I really enjoyed looking at the more than 70 booths.  Many of the artists were actually working in their booths while people shopped (weaving, carving, sketching, ....). 


I have done a little Spanish today, but I will try to do some more now before I head off to bed.  Tomorrow is Friday already - the weeks just keep flying by.