Thursday, August 2, 2018

August 2 - A quiet night in Sevilla

Today was hot, and I loved it - in fact I couldn't wait to get outside during my break in class to escape the freezing air conditioned classroom.  To be fair, I imagine it was not good for folks who had to work outside or for people whose homes don't have air conditioning since it didn't get very cool overnight, but for me it was great.

A number of small businesses have closed for a couple of weeks and some for the entire month of August, but on the bigger streets and the streets nearest to the hotels and monuments, things have stayed open.  However, with today's heat - almost everyone moved indoors.  Even the cafes with misters had very few customers sitting outside this evening.

I must admit, I was a little sad to see some stores skipping right past August and getting ready for back to school.

After class and dinner, Albert and I headed out for a little frozen treat.  MMMM rasberry sorbet for me.  We were the only ones in the shop.

It is even really quiet at the bar across the street.... maybe a good night to go to bed early and read.