Wednesday, August 8, 2018

August 8 - Mozart Heroes

It has started to cool down a little - I don't think we hit 100 today and there was a breeze.  Beautiful and sunny - my kind of weather.

Even the paddleboard group seemed to enjoy the lovely day...

I noticed a business on my way home from school today - it is basically building with tables and chairs and a small conference room where you can rent space to work if you don't have an office of your own (by the hour, week, month,...lots of options according to the sign).  Nobody was in it - not sure who (if anyone) would rent a space when there are so many public spaces with tables and chairs....
I did go straight home from school tonight and ate a quick dinner.  We had tickets to see a concert Mozart Heroes.  Two Swiss musicians (guitarist and cellist) who together play everything from Mozart to Metallica  - many times within the same song.  

We walked the half hour to the concert site,
The building is big, but our concert was on a small terrace on one end of the building.  It was set up like a bar and held a small crowd.  The music started around 10:30 and they played for almost two hours.  

They played Bach, Mozart, Ed Sheeran, Guns and Roses, Iron Maiden, Metallica, AC🗲DC, Michael Jackson, Ray Parker Jr, Phil Collins, Queen, ...  They were amazing.  Not sure how often that cello player has to rehair his bow, but my bet is often.  A few times, they came off the stage and played on the floor in the crowd.  I am so glad we went.

Of course now it is nearly 1:30, and I am just finishing up this blog post, so I am signing off with one last picture from earlier today inspired by my evening as a "fan."