Monday, August 6, 2018

August 6 - Lots of little stuff

Today was a day to take care of lots of little details.  Since we were at the amusement park yesterday, we spent some time this morning doing laundry.  I did a solo trek to the grocery store and Albert waited on a package from Amazon. 

I added some money to a bus card, so one day this week, we will try out the bus system - I know, public transportation is not that exciting for most, but it is nice to be able to live for the year without the car and it is fun to be able to get to places that are just too far on foot and by bike.

I also went online and bought tickets for two concerts - one for this Wednesday and one for next.  The ones for next Wednesday are electronic....but the ones for this Wednesday need to be printed - ugh. 

During my break at school, I rushed down to the copy shop that we used when we needed copies of paperwork for our residency cards only to find this sign:
Yep - closed from today until the 24th of August for vacations.  I thought about trying the copy shop that we tried on Saturday, but it will have to wait until tomorrow because I needed to go straight home after school to sign our lease.  


I took some quick photos of the ground floor of the building that houses my school.
Sevilla may be 2200 years old, but this floor is only 37 - of course it is still older than everyone in my class including the teacher - except me.

The Russian students were back - but only for today - they leave again tomorrow on vacation for the rest of the week.  No other new students.  

One final note....We have the best landlord ever.  Today, in addition to the final lease, he brought over a usb dvd player for us to borrow to copy some Spanish materials I have (thank you Albert for thinking to ask and for doing the copying),  he brought over an extra set of sheets (we already have two, but he didn't think that was sufficient for someone staying for a whole year....he doesn't want to know how old our sheets at home are, but it is nice to have a brand new set), and he brought three new frying pans because he noticed before we moved in that the surface on one of the ones we have now was damaged (he was sorry that he didn't get to it until today - I cook a lot, and I am telling you we could easily have lived with the existing frying pans, but I must admit, I love all things kitchen and it is fun to have new pans).    He and Palma are both incredibly thoughtful.  I hope by the end of the year that we can all have a relaxed conversation in Spanish.