Wednesday, August 22, 2018

August 22 - The "Other" Mercadona

The painters across the street moved around to the front of the building on the other side of the courtyard.  The parts they have painted really do look nice.
A city crew also began installing a water fountain on the main street a couple of blocks from us....
All over the city painting and construction projects are going on.  Since we have only been here since early July, we don't know if there is more going on because it is summer or if the city is just in the midst of constant renovation.

This evening, I walked down to the bus station to check out the situation for our trip on Saturday - it seems easy enough.  While I was down there I checked out the large grocery store across the street - it is a "Mercadona" - the same chain that we use for our shopping.  It has a few things that ours does not - like guacamole and sushi, but mostly it is the same inventory in a larger space, but I am a sucker for the escalator ramps that you can ride on with your grocery cart...

The hotel across the plaza from this Mercadona has large windows all along the square with dark curtains.  So, in the evening when the lights are on outside it is as though the first floor of the building is one large mirror.  This set up appears to be a perfect outdoor dance studio - small groups were lined up all along the wall working on synchronizing their dance routines.

All in all, another lovely night for a walk.

Then to top it off, Albert met me at the corner and we went for gelato (for him) and sorbet (for me).  I realize that I am always thinking about and wanting gelato, and then when we finally go - I can't make myself choose gelato over sorbet.  I think I will need to go more often to work out this mystery.