Friday, August 3, 2018

August 3 - Tapas

It is Friday and we decided to have dinner out.  Last week we had pizza and we had talked about trying a new pizza place each week, but since I made pizza for lunch yesterday, we decided to try something else.

The first time we met our landlords for breakfast, Palma gave us a guide book of restaurants in Sevilla.  She said that they had tried many of the featured ones and enjoyed them, but one of their favorites had been left out.  (She assumed that they had not paid to be included - probably true.)  So, she doctored the map in the center of the guide by adding her favorite "La Paloma Blanca" to the list as number 36 and even put a flag on the map.  We decided to try it out.


It opens for dinner at 8:30, and we arrived at 9:00.  Since it was still over 100 degrees at 9:00, there were not too many people out.  We ordered three tapas and some small beers and of course olives and everything was delicious.  I like the idea of tapas - for us, the three small plates between us are just enough for a meal and we get to try a nice variety of dishes.  They come quickly and you don't leave feeling like you just inhaled a bowling ball.  Now don't get me wrong, there were times in my life when multiple trips to the seafood buffet at Captain George's or even all you can eat diner food at Granny's Buffet made for a perfect dinner, but the fiscal conservative in me always struggled with how to balance getting my money's worth with feeling like I was about to bust out of my clothes.  

After dinner, I walked around for about an hour since I had not done much walking during the day.  I passed a dozen other small restaurants serving their own tapas.  The seafood in this one looked delicious.  Luckily, I was already full from dinner.

Tonight I also purchased tickets for us to go to the amusement park in Sevilla (Isla Magica) on  Sunday.  Tomorrow, I need to figure out where and how to print the tickets.  The park is just under 2 miles from our flat - so the plan is to bike there and back.  Not sure how it will go, but there are rides, shows, and a small water park, and I am looking forward to seeing what it is like.

It is almost midnight and it has cooled down to the low 90's so the bar across the street is starting to fill up.   

hasta la próxima