Monday, August 20, 2018

August 20 - Train Station Walk

It was hot again today so I stayed home until class, working on Spanish and reading.  Our class was down to four students today - I think we will be back up to 5 or six for the rest of this week.  I took a photo of the Russian mother/daughter students.  Mom is trying to think of a word as daughter looks on...


Since I hadn't really taken a walk today before class, I took the opportunity after class to walk out to the train station and check out the area around it that I had not visited before.  On my way there, I passed a cupcake shop - first one I have seen in Spain.

I also found this statue of the famous Flamenco singer Pepe Peregil.  It is directly in front of the bar that he used to own.  There are still a number of small bar owners who perform Flamenco (usually singing or guitar) in their own bars for whatever patrons happen to be there - but probably none who are as famous.

I did eventually make it to the train station.  It is a pretty standard train station with a few restaurants and shops - it is not a particularly beautiful building, but it was clean and there were lots of travelers.

After checking out the station, I made my way home along a different route.  I found a place to buy superhero socks (although I think I am set for now).

But this shop made me think about maybe starting a hat collection.  On second thought maybe I will leave the hats to someone else...but maybe I could use some of these ideas to accessorize my socks!
hats - and then dozens of shelves of flowers, ribbons, feathers,... to add to a basic hat

After my long walk, I am ready for an early night.