Tuesday, December 11, 2018

December 11 - Quiet Tuesday

After school, Albert and I did a little shopping and then settled in for a pretty quiet afternoon.  I did some Spanish and baked some cookies. 

I also went online and bought tickets for a play for Albert and I for this Sunday.  My teacher has been working on the crew doing set painting and costuming.  I am not sure how much we will understand, but I have read the description and talked to her about it - so I feel like even if we don't "get it" all, we will know enough to enjoy it.

This evening, I went to Intercambio.  The hostel where it is held is all decked out for Christmas, with the regular Christmas tree...(and yes those are Santa Clauses hanging from the window bars)
As well as some less traditional decorations (nothing says Christmas like a snowman among cacti).
After a couple of hours of Spanish - I headed home.  It was a pretty quiet night on our street.

Tomorrow our first holiday guests arrive and I can't wait.  Probably not many quiet days like today until mid-January.  Hopefully the weather holds out and all of our guests will have a chance to really get out and see the city.