Sunday, December 9, 2018

December 9 - Three Kings Vegas Style

Today it was sunny and in the 70's again, and it is probably no surprise that I do not miss the cold weather one little bit.  I know that lots of people like the change of weather, the passing of seasons, the cooling temperatures, the changing leaves, the snow..... I am not one of those people.  I would be just as happy to have weather that was sunny and warm (or even sunny and hot) every single day. 

I mostly just walked around and did some people watching.  This little boy was bowing after his performance on the stage that was set up for an evening performance.  It would have been a perfect spot for the no-talent shows of my youth.
I ran into another group of street carolers - they were really good.
Then, as I was walking past the cathedral, a parade of rollerbladers whizzed past.  They were mostly each holding on to the person in front of them like a conga line on wheels.  I was a little surprised when they ducked into a doorway - lots of screaming and laughing as they rounded the corner and flew down the slight ramp into the square.
I followed them into the square (it is my favorite square after all).  But they were long gone by the time I got there.  So, I enjoyed the decorations for a few minutes and then moved on.
After dinner, Albert and I headed out to check out the Three King Crowns.  They are very impressive.  



On our way home, we stopped in at Plaza Nueva - the book fair ended today and they were closing down and cleaning up.  The Christmas Market is due to open there next Saturday.
Tomorrow, back to class.  I did a lot of Spanish this weekend, so it will be good to get to class and try to practice using it.