Friday, December 28, 2018

December 28 - Laziest Day in Sevilla

Wow - today is over and I feel like I haven't done much all day.

Kathy and Ric left this morning to head back to Lisbon.  Albert and I walked them to the parking garage where their rental car has been parked for the last few days.  I was sad to see them driving away - it seems like we have been planning for and counting down to their visit for months - and now it is over.  I know that the same feelings are about to get multiplied in the next couple of weeks as Emily and then Rachel leave.  I am not looking forward to it.

I did a little Spanish and read a little and then somehow it was 4pm already.  So, I put together a list and headed out to the store.  We had all eaten leftovers for lunch and were planning pizza for dinner - so just some basics at the store...and the ingredients for Sangria.  I don't drink wine, so I have never really had an itch to make Sangria, but we are in Spain and it is everywhere here - so I thought I would try it out.  I used a recipe that takes about 3 hours (most of that time is waiting).  So the idea was that it would be ready after dinner.

According to Rachel and Emily, it turned out ok.  I was not a fan - but as I mentioned, I don't usually drink wine at all - so I am probably not the best judge.  Albert had a glass as well and seemed to think it was ok.

While the fruit for the Sangria was "developing", I did a little more Spanish and then we all took a walk downtown to look at the Christmas lights.  It was a bit of a madhouse.  With the Christmas season really holding on until Three Kings Day, there is no after Christmas letdown yet in the city.  People are still shopping and going out to look at lights.

We didn't stay out too long - and we stopped for pizza on the way home and then out for gelato (lemon sorbet for me) yipee!

It appears that Rachel is hoping that Papa Noel will visit and fill up her shoe with candy...but sadly she missed him by a few weeks since he fills up shoes on December 6th.   Or maybe she just left the shoe there because she stepped in something....

All in all a quiet day.  No big plans for tomorrow, but if it is another sunny day like today, I will try to spend more of it outside the house.