Wednesday, December 19, 2018

December 19 - Coming and Going

Well today in class, my teacher announced that Friday would be her last day.  Her visa was approved and she and her boyfriend are going to Australia for six months to study English.  She seems really excited - so I am excited for her.  But selfishly, I am really sad that she is leaving.  I have really enjoyed having her as a teacher and having her lead both Intercambio and the Cultural Activities.  They are still moving people around - so I am not sure who my teacher will be when I come back to classes in January.

It is also Taylor's last day here - I am sure that Rachel is sadder than me, but it has been really nice having him and I will miss having him around the house.

Kathy and Ric arrived this afternoon.  They are in Sevilla for tonight and then they leave in the morning with Albert and Rachel to go to Tangier until Saturday.  Emily comes in Saturday as well.

I did a lot of cooking and we had a Thanksgiving type dinner - we had so much food and enough people that we actually extended the table.  After dinner, we did a walk around the city and then stopped for one last gelato for Taylor.


Now, I am off to bed.  The plan is to get up early, say goodbye to all, and make cookies for my school Christmas party (which is tomorrow afternoon).