Sunday, December 30, 2018

December 30 - Odd Place for a Horse

We were all a little slow to start this morning, but Albert did manage to do some laundry and we all managed to do a little work.

This afternoon, I took a trip out to Costco for a few small things - primarily raspberries.   They are not widely available in our local store and when they have them they are very expensive.  However, they are relatively inexpensive and delicious at Costco.  Of course, while I was there I picked up a few other things as well, but it was a small trip (very small by Costco standards).

On the half mile walk from the store to the bus stop, I pass by a neighborhood of small apartment buildings that is surrounded by a wall with a gate.  Just as I was passing the gate, a man came out with a horse.  I am not sure where he had been keeping the horse...in his apartment?  But, he walked out, tied the horse to the back of his motorcycle, got on the motorcycle and slowly drove away with the horse walking along behind.  Very odd.

I am still enjoying the Christmas decorations and lights - with only one week left until the end of the official Christmas season, I am trying to really take notice of them every day.

We spent some time in the last couple of days working out final plans for the rest of the girls' visits.  We have tickets for a Flamenco show on Tuesday and then on Wednesday Emily heads home (we will really miss her), Rachel heads out to Tangier for a couple of days (but she is coming back), and I head back to school.  Then next weekend, Albert and Rachel and I are going on a mountain hike before Rachel goes off to her conference in Malaga.  

We don't have any big plans for tomorrow night -just eating 12 grapes at midnight and hoping to see some fireworks.