Friday, December 21, 2018

December 21 - Shortest Day of the Year

Before school this morning, I packed all of the candy that I made yesterday into gift boxes for the teachers at the school.  I was pretty happy with how they turned out, and they all seemed thankful for them as I handed them out before the start of classes.

At the end of class, my teacher and I exchanged contact info since she is leaving and I headed over to the office to pay for my January classes.  The teachers were all there hiding around the corner and surprised me with a song and a large bouquet of flowers and LOTS of hugs.  What a great way to end the week!

On my way home, I came across one of the pop up rock concerts that happen all over the city on weekends this time of year.  Sadly, they only had one song left when I walked up.

I did a little Spanish and a little shopping this evening.  It was a lovely day, but I am glad that we will be starting to gain daylight again.  

Tomorrow the group (Kathy, Ric, Albert and Rachel) return from Africa and Emily gets here from California.  It will be so nice to have everyone together for the week!